Textbook page 228-229
How to answer the questions:
- If the fraction is a whole put it in fraction form.
ex: 2 = 2/1
- If there is a mixed number you can convert it to an improper fraction.
= 9 x 3 + 4
- Then put the equation in fraction form.
- After that the denominator has to equal one by doing reciprocal.
- Reciprocal are two numbers that when multiplied equal one.
ex: 1/4 x 4/1 = 4/4 or 1
- What ever you do to the denominator do that for the numerator.
- Draw a diagram or write down a question to help you understand more.
-Simplify the answer if not.
11. In a comedy review, each performer has a 1/4 hour slot. How many performers are therein a 2 hour show?
15. Shana and Zack painted their rooms using paint in cans of the same size. Shana used 1/1/2 cans of paint. Zack used 2/3/4 cans of paint. How many times as much paint did Zack use as Shana?
23. It took Svend 9/3/4 minutes to ski up a slope on a cross-country ski trail and only took 2/1/4 minutes to ski back down the same slope. How many times as fast did he ski down the slope as he skied up it?
Here is a link for a dividing fraction game.
Here is a video about dividing fractions:
My fraction test corrections:
I didn't have any mistakes