Social Icons

Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Bianca's Pay It Forward


Part 1- What is Pay It Forward?
Pay It Forward is a chain of acts of kindness, you do it without asking anything in return. It all starts with one person helping three other people and each of those three people help three more other people, and so on. That shows that one simple action can make a big difference in the world, every action counts whether it's big or small.

Part 2
  • What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
My Pay It Forward act of kindness was I donated over 30 books to the Children’s Library in Health Science Center, my partner, Patricia Rodriguez, donated about 20 books too.
  • Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because I wanted to share the fun and great things to learn from literature. I also had some books that were just sitting on my shelf that I have already read, so I thought donating it to a library was a great idea.
  • Who did you help?
I helped the library in the hospital and also the people who are going to read the books I donated. They are still in very good condition and they are enjoyable.
  • What did you do?
I collected some of my books that I have already read and bought some new ones to donate to the library.
  • When did you do your act of kindness?
I did my act of kindness on Wednesday, November 28. It was actually during third period of school classes, so I had to be excused to do it.

Part 3
  • How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went really well, I felt good to help other people and make a difference somehow.
  • What happened?
What happened was Patricia and I went to the Children’s Library in Health Science Center, then we met Emma. She was the representative from the Children’s Library. She asked us some questions about Pay It forward and she told us what she was going to do with the books. She said most of them will go in the library then some in waiting rooms. Afterwards we got a picture of us with Emma holding a few of the books we donated.
  • How did you feel?
During my Pay It Forward act of kindness I felt really glad and excited. I am also looking forward of doing more acts of kindness. It just makes me feel happy to help others, like heart-warming.
  • How did the person or people react?
The person that guided us, Emma, was very thankful and grateful. I also think she was very happy. Now there are more books at the library for people to read and appreciate.
  • Did you ask the person or people to “Pay It Forward”?
Yes, we did ask the person to “Pay It Forward”. We told her what it was about, also in each of  my two bags of books I placed cards that also asked to keep the chain of “Pay It Forward” going.
  • How did they react to your request?
Emma was very nice, she liked the idea of paying it forward and wanted to be a part of it. She said she was going to help other people and tell them about “Pay It Forward”.

Part 4
  • Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
The idea of “Pay It Forward” important because it shows how one act of kindness can turn into one big deal. It will help us make a difference in the world together.
  • Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I think my act of kindness did make a difference somehow. I made a difference by donating and sharing my books, so other people could be pleased with it. They could enjoy them and learn a thing or two. Also the library doesn’t have to buy new books anymore. By helping those people, they could also participate in "Pay It Forward" and help make a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment