Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Isaac's Scribe Post

Hello, this is Isaac.

Today I'm going to be talking about dividing fractions.


Dividing fractions is almost the same as multiplying fractions.
To divide fractions, you need to know what a Reciprocal is.

To get a Reciprocal, you just have to divide the fraction by one.

For example, the reciprocal of 2 is 1/2.
The reciprocal of 7 is 1/7.
See?                                                          
                               All the reciprocal is, is making the number equal 1!












So know that we know what a reciprocal is, we can start answering some questions.

 One of the questions that Mr. Harbeck gave us was 7 divided by 1/3. So first we make 7 a fraction.











Then we make the reciprocals.





 now you multipy the fractions to get your answer.


There you have it, THE ANSWER!!!!!!!




 Here are some cool websites to help you with dividing fractions.


 Click HERE for more.




Oh, here is a video I made to help with dividing fractions





5 comments:

  1. How you colour coded everything made it easier to understand which part is which and where it belongs. It was also nice how you made your own video! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tanks forthat. I there's anyhing else that I needto work o, please tell me in class.

      Delete
  2. I liked your post because i understood what you typed. I also good video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. If there's anything that I could fix or make better, please tell me. That would be very helpful

      Delete
  3. Nice job Isaac! I liked most of your pictures but one of them was a little messy but I think it will do great, all in all great job!

    ReplyDelete