Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Katie's Fraction Scribepost & Fraction Test Corrections

1. Anna divided 5/6 by 1/2 and stated that the quotient is 5/12

A) What was Anna's mistake?

Anna's mistake was that she did this:
B) What is the correct quotient? Use a diagram to show how you know.

Diagram:
4. 2  1/2 divided by 1  1/2 equal 1 1/2 divided by 2 1/2
No they do not equal the same.

B) If the quotient in part a) are not equal, how are they related?

I think their related since they have the two same mixed fractions but they switched the roles.

9. Divide.
3/4 divided by 4/5

 



1 2/3 divided by 2 5/6
12 divided by 3/4


Test Corrections:


1. 2 1/2 x 1 3/5
My mistake was...well I pretty much copied the question wrong when I was writing it improper, didn't have time to double check.





2. Tamar had 1/2 of an apple pie in her refrigerator. She ate 1/4 of this piece of pie. What fraction of a whole pie did she eat? My mistake was unable to draw the picture.




3. 5/6 x 1/2 My mistake was that I didn't say it like a question with words properly.

What is 5/6 of 1/2



4. 1/4 divided by 1/3 My mistake was that I didn't draw the diagram right.





1 comment:

  1. Great job Katie! It's nice how simple it is and it helped me understand more about reciprocals.

    ReplyDelete