Ratio-The quantitative relation between two amounts showing the number of times one value contains or is contained within the other.
example of ratios: there were 4 oranges and 7 grapes. The ratio would be 4:7
Rate- Specific kind of ratio, in which two measurements are related to each other.
Examples: 1. 72 beats per 1 minute. 72 beat/1 min is a heart rate.
2. $50 for working 10 hours at work. rate= 50 dollars/10 h
Proportion- a relationship that says two ratios or two rates are equal.
- can be written in fraction form.
example: 3 bars of chocolate cost $2.94. What is the cost of 9 bars of chocolate?
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h.
2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1. Does this seem fair? its not fair because on the top image he stole $3 billion and is going to jail for only more than 3 years, but the picture below is going to jail for 15 years because he stole a $100 from the bank because he was starving and had nowhere to go.
2. I don't really know about the proportion form the two images but its not really fair, i think someone should do something about this.
3. because its not fair for the homeless man.
4. If i were the judge i would only put him in prison for 1 year, because i don't really think what he did is really that bad.