Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Adrienne's Scribepost

2.Justin said, "When I multiply (+5) by a negative interger the product is less than (+5). If I multiply -5 by a negative integer, i I think the product should be less than (-5)."" Do you agree with him? Explain.

No I don't, see, if you multiply a positive with a negative, the product is always negative.
For example, (+5) X (-1) = (-5) , which is less than (+5)
While on the other hand, if you did (-5) X (-1) the product is (+5). This is because if you multiply a negative interger by a negative integer, you get a positive.

 4.
a) (+ 2) X (+ 4) = (+ 8)
b) (+ 3) X (-5) = (-15)




a) + X + = + so,  (+10) X (+ 4) = (+ 40)
             b) + X - = -, (+6) X (-5) = (-30)
             c) - X + = -, (-7) X (+5) = (-35)
             d) - X - = +, (-8) X (-4) = (-32)
All you really got to do is multiply then figure out if it`s positive or negative.


I`ll do a video later (Probably not).

No comments:

Post a Comment