Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Jordan's act of kindness



Part 1

What is "Pay it Forward"?
Pay it forward is when, someone helps you and they don’t want anything back in return, because they want you to pay it forward by helping someone else in return.

Part 2

Who did you help?
I helped my neighbor Frank who lives at 848 Lipton Street because he lives alone and was diagnosed with cancer in July 2012. He’s a very big man and has a lot of difficulty walking and doing any physical activities.
 But his family live far away.
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
My pay it forward was shoveling my neighbor Franks yard while he’s in the hospital.

Why did you choose this activity?
Frank has been my neighbor since I was born, so I’ve known him my whole life.   I would mostly see Frank when I got home from school each day. He would be outside sitting on a chair and enjoying the weather. He was always very nice to me.
When I was little kid, I used to help bring his groceries inside for him. He would give me candy, like a lolly pop.  A couple years ago, he asked me to help him bring to bring his groceries inside and said he would pay me. I helped him with his groceries and he gave me the money but, I said no keep it I don’t need it, because we’re neighbors and that’s what neighbors do for one and another.
Frank was rushed to the hospital by ambulance on Monday, November26, 2012. My family is hoping he will be all right. But, while he’s in the hospital, we will continue to help shovel his snow, because, we’ve been helping maintain his yard since we found out that he was sick.  The sidewalk has to be maintained for the mail man, and to keep it clean so it will be easier for Frank when he comes out of the hospital.
I did the whole walkway and city sidewalk by myself, because when I got home from school that day the walk wasn’t shoveled and my dad had already left for work. 

When did you do your act of Kindness?
On Wednesday November 28, 2`012.

Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?
It went good because it was a good day out, was not that cold, and it was not snowing while I was shoveling and it only took me 30 minutes to finish.

What Happened?
Nothing happened.  No one was home.  I completed the work because it needed to be done.

How did you feel?
I felt happy because I helped someone who needed it.  By helping frank I’m also helping his family and my parents.

How did the person or people react?
I don’t know how Frank reacted because he is still in the hospital.

Did you ask the person or people to Pay It Forward?
I did not tell Frank to pay it forward because he is still in the hospital and I haven’t seen him or his family since I did this act of kindness.

Part 4

Why is the idea of Pay It Forward important?
Its important to pay it forward because if everyone does it. There would be a lot of people that got help

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
Yes, because if I did not do it my dad or my mom would have to do it eventually and so its easy and safer for the mail man and whoever else is using the side walk. So when Franks family comes to check on the  house, its one less thing for them to do.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment