Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mariel's Pay it Forward

Part 1: 
What is "Pay it Forward"? To me, "Pay it Forward" is a random act of kindness. It's when you do a good deed for others, and ask for nothing in return.

Part 2: 
My act of kindness is donating gently used clothing to Canadian Diabetes. I chose to do this because I have lots of clothes that I no longer use. A few weeks ago, Canadian Diabetes called and asked if we wanted to donate clothes this year, so I took the opportunity. With my donation, I am just one of the people helping Canadians with diabetes or prediabetes. I collected many unneeded items of clothing from my closet and drawers, and placed them into a garbage bag. I have been planning this act of kindness since December 2nd, but Canadian Diabetes still hasn't picked up my donation.

(My camera hasn't been working lately, but I'll post a picture as soon as my camera works again.)

Part 3:
I think my act of kindness is going to be good. When Canadian Diabetes calls to say they're going to pick up the clothes, I will leave the bag outside my front door, and place a "D" on it to show it's for them. I feel good about what I'm doing because I'm helping a great cause, and making room for new clothes. Since Canadian Diabetes hasn't picked up the clothes yet, I haven't been been able to ask anyone to "Pay it Forward", but as soon as they do, I'll update this post.

Part 4:
I think that the idea of "Pay it Forward" is important because from just one person who decides to show a random act of kindness really inspires other to do so, and that's what counts. I think I made difference because the clothes I've donated goes to Value Village. Some day, the hoodie I donated will be on someone else's back keeping them warm from our cold weather. I know my random act of kindness didn't change the world, but I can start with this, and maybe one day, I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment