Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Jaedah's Pay it Forward

Part 1

What is Pay it Forward?


You help someone and do it without asking anything in return. It starts when you help one person and that person helps 3 other people and then 3 other people etc. This helps make the world a better place by making a difference by doing one small little thing by helping.

Part 2

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?

My Pay it Forward act of kindness was to sell chocolate chip cookies for 1$ and with that money I bought toys and donated it to the Children's Hospital with Chelsea Quinto my partner.

Why did you choose this activity?
 
I chose this activity because I felt that I could donate such little things to the children and show that people like us do care. I also had these toys just in this box that could be donated.

Who did you help?

I helped the staff in the hospital that give the kids toys and when they got them they were so thrilled.

What did you do?

I sold cookies for 1$ and then I used that money and bought some new toys from Dollar Tree and used some of my old toys but are still in great condition.

When did you do your act of Kindness?
 

I did it on Friday, November 30th.

Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?

It went very well and it made me feel special to help the kids.

What Happened?

I went to the Children’s Hospital, then I went to the front desk carrying the toys and met this lady named Cindy. Cindy was one of the nurses from the Children’s Hospital. She asked me some things about Pay It forward. Cindy was a very nice lady. She said she was going to give the toys to the boys and the girls.

How did you feel?
 

I felt very excited to see all the happy faces. I also had this special feeling inside of me.

How did the person or people react?
 

They acted very surprised that I was donating toys to the kids.

Did you ask the person or people to “Pay It Forward”?
 

Yes, I did actually I told her that there are some pay it forward cards in the bag to keep it going.

Part 4

Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?

 

Our act of kindness can turn into one big difference. It helps us make a difference in the world.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
 

I think I did make some kids day because I made a difference by donating all my toys and buying some new ones. I think they will enjoy the toys I have given them.

Cindy and I holding the toys I'm donating                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment