Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chelsea's Pay It Forward

Part 1

What is "Pay it Forward"?

Pay It Forward is like the act of kindness, where you do something nice for someone without asking for anything in return. One thing can make a difference. It can make the world a better place and is able to change people's lives.


Part 2

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?

My Pay It Forward act of kindness was to sell chocolate chip cookies for $1.00 to raise money for stuffed animals, puzzles and coloring books to donate to the Children's Hospital with my partner, Jaedah Coronia. We donated the items to the Children's Hospital for the children who may not recieve anything this Christmas.


Why did you choose this activity?

I chose this activity because I think that every child deserves to have at least one present to open this year because it shows that people care and that we haven't forgotten about them. I also chose this activity because it hurts me to see that there are children who actually live life with cancer or some sort of sickness because I'm here, healthy. I have an education, a home, food and a family who loves me. Some children out there don't have that kind of stuff and I want to show them that they're not alone.


Who did you help?

I wasn't able to give the children the toys personally because they were mostly all asleep but I think I helped the children have a happy Christmas. I wish I couldve given the toys personally because I really wanted to see their reaction.


When did you do your act of Kindness?

I did my act of kindness on Saturday, November 31, 2012.


Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?

My act of kindness went amazing. It went as planned, I couldn't ask for anything better. 


What Happened?

On Friday, November 23, 2012 I went to Dollar Tree with Jaedah to get the stuffed animals Mrs. Wilson told us about. She said they sold stuffed animals for $1.25. She knew because her daughter bought too! So I thought it would be perfect. The day I bought the stuffed animals, I only purchased 4 because I also bought a bunch of other stuff. Days later, I thought it wasn't that much. So, on Friday, November 30, 2012 I went back to dollar tree and bought more items because I absolutely love the feeling I get knowing I'm just going to donate these. On November 31, my mom, brother and I went to Childrens Hospital, on the 5th floor of Child Care. The nurses were very kind and there was one boy about our age or one year younger who looked like Justin Bieber!! We also took a picture by the Christmas tree.   


How did you feel?

Words can't explain the feeling I got when I bought the toys and delivered them. I felt so amazing because I felt like I made a difference. I almost cried of happiness.


How did the person or people react?

They acted surprised and happy. It's like not much people have donated to the hospital before. The nurses asked me questions about Pay It Forward and how it works.


Did you ask the person or people to Pay It Forward?

Yes, I told them that they should do something nice for someone too so the act of kindness will keep going.


Part 4

Why is the idea of Pay It Forward important?

Pay It Forward is important because one small thing can make a difference. If the act of kindness keeps going, the world will be a better place in no time.


Has your act of kindness made a difference?

Yes, I think my act of kindness has made a difference. Even though it may not be a big difference, I'm still happy with what I have done.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment