Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Katie's Pay it Forward

Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward"?
Pay it Forward is an idea that shows anyone can do an act of kindness for getting nothing in return, by doing the simplest things! It's like a chain going on, one person to the other. One small act of kindness can have a big affect to the world.

Part 2
What was your act of kindness?

My pay it forward was donating my old used clothing to a employee that have started a family but have a rought start getting their children clothes.

















Why did you chose this activity?
I choose this activity because when I was thinking of an idea to do for Pay it Forward I heard my mom talking with my dad about some employee not being able to afford new clothes. I thought to myself "Hey I have old clothes I don't wear anymore in the basement, alot of it. My parents agreed to the idea.
Who did you help?
I helped one of my employees at my store.
What did you do?
What I did was I went to the basement grabbed out a box with my old clothing I never worn for years and putted it in a bag to give to her.
When did you do your act of kindness?



I honesty don't remember the date, I think somewhere at the end of November? November, 25th I think.

 


I couldn't get a photo with her since we forgot to bring the camera, but luckily I had a photo of the clothes before I packaged it.




Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
It went good, I gave it to her at my store at the end of the day.
What happened?
Well first I gave it to her and my mom was beside me translating what I was doing for her (the employee wasn't very good with english), she was very happy.
How did you feel?
I felt good, I helped somebody with something easy and I gave them something they needed that I didn't need at all, if I never did anything about it the basket filled with my old clothes would be still in the basement not needed.
How did the person or people react?
She seemed really pleased and happy.
Did you ask the person or people to Pay it Forward?
Yes but I just told her that when you help people with nothing in return, that means you should help someone else with nothing in return, then it turns it to a chain.
How did they react to your request?
They seemed proud of what I was doing, I think they will do that for others now on.

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
It's important because it teachs people how to be good citizens, and that you should help others and be more kindful to each other.
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I think/hope so because now she won't have to worry for her children getting new clothes to wear.





 
 
 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment